Saturday, June 3, 2017

Lunch with Mom - 6/3/2017

Lunch with Mom 6-3-2017

It was raining this morning when I woke up.  I love rain but it’s June and I still have the heat on in the house?  The rain stopped shortly before lunch and I did a little bit of yard work before I came inside to order lunch and head out the door.  Lunch was black pepper turkey, bacon and swiss cheese sandwiches from the Cheese Barrel. Mom was tired and strangely calm today.  We sat in her room and ate lunch.  I don’t know who’s clothes she was wearing but they were not hers.  The laundry person sometimes switches clothing around and we get little “gifts” in our wardrobe.  Mom had a good appetite and sat back in her chair after she had sorbet and asked for orange slices as well.  I turned on my laptop and played songs from her playlist on YouTube.  

Jeanette, one of the aides, came into the room and started chatting with me.  Jeanette lives in New Kingston and is really sweet and I enjoy talking to her.  We were talking about our ponds overflowing and her son’s landscaping business. I turned to check on Mom.  She had her eyes closed and was lying back in her chair.  When I asked if she was tired, she opened her eyes briefly and said no and commented on something that Jeanette and I had been talking about.  I find lately that she likes listening to conversations even though she has a problem participating.  She clearly hears and understands everything - at least today.  


I brought Mom a gift. I had been at Michaels and found this little gnome on a swing to put in her little mini garden that I had made her last week.  She really seems to like the garden.  I got her into bed but I had work to do and sat there working in Photoshop on my computer. It was quiet while listening to Nat King Cole sing “Stardust” and Mom dozing and the clicking of my laptop mousepad.  I got most of my project completed and kissed her forehead and left around 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment