Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Father's Day

























Dad,


It’s been 4 years and I think of you every day.  I have this recurring dream about you.  I am 9 years old and you have just returned from one of your flights overseas.  I see you walking across the street towards our house and I run to greet you.  You are wearing your olive-colored flight suit and I jump into your arms and hug you tight.  I smell your aftershave and cigarettes.  I feel the scruff of your beard on my face. I am just so happy to see you.  

I miss your daily calls to tell me what the weather is like in Bovina and NYC.  I miss our FaceTime chats where I show you what I did over the weekend and hearing your comments.  I miss fighting with you trying to change your Netflix movie list.  As fast as I can add any Obama documentary to the list, you delete and add something with George W Bush in it.   I miss watching James Bond movies with you. I just miss you.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment