Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Little Distraction

I gave Tim theatre tickets to him for his birthday in February but because of the snow storm we had to change out the date because I couldn't get home.  Finally, we went and saw the show.  Sunset Boulevard starring Glenn Close.  Tim had seen the show in the 90s but I did not so I was very excited about it.  It was well worth it. Even though the set was minimalized at the Palace Theatre - it was a great production.  Glenn Close was terrific.  One of my earliest memories of seeing theatre in NY is seeing Glenn Close in Barnum years ago.  Before she did Big Chill. It was freezing out the night we went and the lobby was packed with people trying to stay warm off of Times Square.  The Palace theatre will close when SB closes.  The theatre will be closed for two years for renovations - glad to see that they are going to spend that kind of time and money to restore a beautiful theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment