Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Perfect Storm

I am always cynical about weather reports especially living in the city - all the insanity about storms other then Sandy which proved to be true is usually just sheer craziness.  However, I need to be a little more objective when it comes to storms upstate.  This one was a doozy.  Not prepared and by myself - the snow just kept on falling. I had to shovel the back roof 5 times to keep the house vents uncovered from the amount of snow that was just burying all the vents.  I fell three times in the snow and was on Alleve for the next couple days.  I know I am a total klutz but honestly?  My truck was snowed in up to it's hood and took couple days to shovel out. It's funny but I was just driving my Mom around the Papactan reservoir a couple weekends ago commenting about how low the water was still.  Now, we should have plenty of water once all this melts.  3 feet of snow in 24 hours is a lot of snow.  It wouldn't be a problem except for the vent situation on the roof.  The heating coils were worthless with how fast the snow was piling up.  All I could do is pull out my 21 foot snow rake and rake the snow off the roof away from the vents.  Even with warm days, it's going to be awhile before all of this melts.  However, summer gardening should be good with all this water.


















No comments:

Post a Comment