Saturday, October 15, 2016

Porto Portugal





























We haven't had a vacation in a couple years due to my family.  My Dad passing away and then moving my Mom back to NY and getting her settled with proper care - it's long overdue for us.  We decided to take a quick trip to Portugal.  We both had been to Lisbon before and had not done a lot of homework on Porto but it came highly recommended by friends who had gone in July.  What an awesome trip.  The city is absolutely gorgeous.  The weather was incredible the entire time.  The city is small so you could do it in a weekend but spreading it out over 7 days was perfect.  Unbelievably, beautiful architecture, great food, access to the river and to the Atlantic Ocean.  Great shopping, lots of tapas and sangria.  I got my fill of grilled octopus which I can never get enough of in the city. We ran into Tim's cousin and his wife and had dinner one night which was a complete surprise.  The people were so friendly and inclusive.  Plus, getting away from all of the awful political coverage was a huge plus too.  It was a great trip and we would definitely go again.


No comments:

Post a Comment