Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Summer Projects





























Once July 4th gets past us, we can get on with serious business - summer projects.  We are putting in a new vegetable garden and we got a lot of help from Tim's Dad clearing the land.  We have to build the fencing to protect it . I am working on and in my new wood shop and that is a huge undertaking in itself.  Plus, we have a lot of older projects that just seem to go on and on.  This past weekend I managed to assemble the older home made storage drawers that my Grandfather had built 50 years ago with the shelving unit, my Uncle had added. I had to resize the shelving unit to fit the height of the wood shop and I got that put together. I am working on various tables, flooring and other projects that have to be completed.  I hung vintage garden tools in the back mud room which is a project with no end in sight.  However, I also managed to get the new veggie garden gate built and I will hang it next weekend.  Tim is doing a lot of gardening - cleaning up and re-planting older beds that need to be completely overhauled and planning and implementing the new garden.  I feel that we get so much done over the summer and less done over the winter so having the wood shop will give me some space to work on projects over the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment